cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV SharePoint Archiving pruning enabled

giuliod
Level 5

Hello there,

A quick question.. When enabling pruning, let's say to leave only 1 version in SharePoint, does the EV also archive the last version that is suposed to remain in SharePoint? If so, does it also replace it with a shortcut based on the policy? Or, the original document is left on SharePoint?

I'm runing EV 10.0.1 with SharePoint 2010 archiving.

Thanks,

Giulio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonyD2
Level 3

Yes to both questions. If you have enabled "remove original items from SharePoint"  and Replace Items with Shortcuts" and have pruning set to 1, the only item left in sharepoint will be the shortcut. This will give you maximum space savings withing SP. I believe the pruning doesn't happen on the same archiving run however, that is, you'll see the previous versions get pruned on the next archiving run.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonyD2
Level 3

Yes to both questions. If you have enabled "remove original items from SharePoint"  and Replace Items with Shortcuts" and have pruning set to 1, the only item left in sharepoint will be the shortcut. This will give you maximum space savings withing SP. I believe the pruning doesn't happen on the same archiving run however, that is, you'll see the previous versions get pruned on the next archiving run.

giuliod
Level 5

Thanks Tony. I was under the impresion that the version that is left on SharePoint is not replaced by a shortcut. Still not convinced.. :)

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Well, if you don't have the policy set to replace the item in SharePoint it will not.  If you set the policy to replace the item with a short cut it will.

TonyD2
Level 3

Create a view that shows the filesize to verify. It will show as 1K but it's really 6 bytes in a file explorer type view.