cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Upgrade to 14.1

Kamal_SA
Level 3
Partner

We are currently on EV 12.5 , Can we be do an out of box upgrade ?  build a new Win2019 server and EV14.1 and migrate? is this option supported by veritas, I belive inplace upgrade is easy. 

Do we have steps for this out of box upgrade method ?

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Kamal,

Easiest would be to upgrade existing EV to 14.1, then migrate. You can use the Server Migration Wizard to move 12.5 to 14.0 (not 14.1), and then upgrade the 14.0 to 14.1 (although 14.2 is also out already).

SMW see THIS document.

For moving EV from 1 server to another, see This2 KB

Also see my article on upgrading:

LI_ARTICLE 

Regards. Gertjan

Kamal_SA
Level 3
Partner

Thank a Ton Gertjan

The below statement from https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100023864 keeping the same version on the trager new server is concerning a bit, So can we safely migrate from 12.5 to 14.0 using the migrate option?

c. Install the same version of Enterprise Vault as is being used in the current environment.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Kamal,

No, that article describes how to move EVx to EVx version. If you want to move EV12.5 to new EV14 server, you need to use the Server Migration Wizard.

Regards. Gertjan

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Yes, you can I did that in November, the only issue I had was, we had problem archiving, with help of veritas support we came to the following solutions, rollback outlook to version 2013 (EV Server) and bypass exchange load balancer, tomorrow I'll link other small issue