cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV VaultStore file and directory permission in CIFS share, does it matter ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi people,

Does it really matter for the EV 9 server if the VaultStore both Closed and Open only have Full permission and owner by the EV service account on the CIFS share ?

I'm currently looking for the supported orbetter way of migrating 17 closed VaultStore partition @ 1 TB NTFS disk into one single large CIFS share using Robocopy, somehow the permission needs to be modified by using this script below on the existing NTFS drive each:

subinacl.exe /subdirectories \\EMC-DataDomain01\CIFS01\EV\*.* /grant=Administrators=F /setowner=Administrators

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi John,

I think as long as the VSA has Full Permissions it should be ok.  Anyhow, you could always run the script, do your copy, and the run the script to set the owner back to VSA when it was done if you do see any weirdness.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi John,

I think as long as the VSA has Full Permissions it should be ok.  Anyhow, you could always run the script, do your copy, and the run the script to set the owner back to VSA when it was done if you do see any weirdness.

John_Santana
Level 6

So it is fine as long as the .CAB files are owned and got EV service account full access right ?