cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV addin 10.0.4.1293 not loading with Outlook 2010

stephan9
Level 3

Hi

We've just started rolling out EV Outlook add-in 10.0.4.1293 and we're seeing an unexpected issue with Outlook 2010. Multiple users are reporting that the addin fails to load after the upgrade and the workaround seems to re-create the mail profile. One thing we've noticed is that if a PST is attached to Outlook then EV fails to load. Once we remove the PST the add-in loads up again. Any advice?

Previous EV addin version we had installed is 9.0.1.1073

Thanks
Stephan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Your issue is described here, I think:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH201625

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Are the users enabled for client driven migration ?

Edit ; What happens if you uninstall the older Ev add-in and then install the 10.0.4 Add-in ? 

stephan9
Level 3

client driven migration is disabled.

I'm going to try to remove the old EV and installing the new one. Will report back shortly.

EDIT: got the same behaviour when I uninstall the old EV then install the new one.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

can you collect and add to here a client trace?

stephan9
Level 3

I've just noticed something while running the client trace. The issue disappears only with logging level 3 (maximum tracing). Any other value still disables the addin toolbar. I've attached the client log you requested. That's a very odd one and we're getting more users asking about it.

EDIT: the issue does not occur on Outlook 2013.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Your issue is described here, I think:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH201625

stephan9
Level 3

Thanks for that. The info seems correct. However, the issue also happens on 32-bit Windows 7. I will try updating the desktop policy first. Need to ask our server team. I would see the registry change if the log file size keeps increasing. Does it have a maximum size?

stephan9
Level 3

Updating the desktop policy has fixed the issue. Will keep an eye for a few more days. Thanks again for your help.