cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV and Activesync support

MMalagoli
Level 2

Hi all,

we have a very simple EV 10.0.4 environment and we started deploying new Samsung smartphones (with Android 5.0.x OS and the embedded Exchange ActiveSync client). We understand users cannot access their archived items through this email client. If we upgraded to EV Server 11.0.1, would this integration work?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You should have a look at the IMAP functionality in EV 11.0.1.....

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Access to archived items via shortuct on mobile devices has never been in the product.  The EV-IMAP was designed to facilitate this requirement and yes, it does not use activesync.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You should have a look at the IMAP functionality in EV 11.0.1.....

Working for cloudficient.com

MMalagoli
Level 2

Hi Rob,

thanks for your response. However, technically-speaking IMAP is not Activesync...

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Access to archived items via shortuct on mobile devices has never been in the product.  The EV-IMAP was designed to facilitate this requirement and yes, it does not use activesync.

nwalsh
Level 4

Hi Gents,

I have EV11 and activesync. as part of my testing this was one of them. It does work. The only catch i found is when you access an archived email, It will prompt a link to view original email. once you click on it, It will launch outr VPN network then prompt me for username and password. and it worked for me with no problems.

Hope it helps.