cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV and Ex2013 archiving and ports and communication.

Veritas_Resolve
Level 4

Hello Experts,

Need little insight please, 

I have EV 11.CH5 that is archiving Ex2010 MBXs and now I need to enable Ex2013 mailboxes for archiving too.

My challenge is that I am not able to communicate with the Ex2013 servers. Can you please tell me how does EV reach to Ex2013? Also, through which ports does it communicate with?

for example: does it use EWS, or RPC/HTTP… or any other protocol ? Which endpoints will be used, the CAS array EWS url? Or The server name directly?

Need your urgent help, please.

Thank you in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Configuration should be the same, define Exchange servers in Console, add tasks. If you run Deployment Scanner, and include the 2013 Exchange servers, do all checks tick green? You might need to rerun the throttling and permissioning powershell commands for the VSA to include the 2013 Ex servers.

In addition, check this KB Link

Might be the reason why :)

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA

Hi,

Configuration should be the same, define Exchange servers in Console, add tasks. If you run Deployment Scanner, and include the 2013 Exchange servers, do all checks tick green? You might need to rerun the throttling and permissioning powershell commands for the VSA to include the 2013 Ex servers.

In addition, check this KB Link

Might be the reason why :)

Regards. Gertjan

Thank you for your reply Gertjan, but, is there a whitepaper or doc. which can explain how the communication works, please?

GertjanA

Hi

ports

flow

Regards. Gertjan