cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV and Exchange 2007 to 2010

goof717
Level 5

Thanks for the time and effort.

I had a quick question.  We are migrating from exchange 2007 to exchange 2010 and plan on moving to EV 10 soon enough.  from the readings so far I have gotten this:

Exchange 2010 readiness:
-disable the throttling policy for EV service account otherwise optimum archiving throughput will not be achieved
-Vault Service account has an associated Exchange 2010 mailbox
-only active databases are archived
-provisioning task runs once a day (option for 2)..responsible for keeping the locations of the mailboxes
-run provisioning task if a failover is scheduled
-all failover Exchange servers should be added as archiving target
-EV 9 server has at least Outlook 2007 SP2 with hotfix KB968858
-best practice is to create a service mailbox for every Exchange Mailbox server that will potentially hosts one of the databases
-run the SetEVPermissions.ps1 script

so does this still allow archiving of mailboxes on Exchange 2007?  what happens to those mailboxes that arent moved over to 2010? 

I plan on going to EV 10 so should I just install EV10 and then archive the 2010 and let EV9 deal with Exchange 2007. and keep them separate.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

yup, it will still work against Exchange 2003 and 2007, these updates are purely for Exchange 2010, but it won't change any of the functionality for previous versions of exchange.

However, I don't see the point in having seperate sites , one for 2010 and one for 2007, you'd lose a lot of things such as Single Instancing etc

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

yup, it will still work against Exchange 2003 and 2007, these updates are purely for Exchange 2010, but it won't change any of the functionality for previous versions of exchange.

However, I don't see the point in having seperate sites , one for 2010 and one for 2007, you'd lose a lot of things such as Single Instancing etc

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

goof717
Level 5

thanks for the quick reply.  and the reason for the separate site is that we are moving to EV10 and we are going to build on new servers so I just figured that all mailboxes on Exchange 2010 will be taken care of by the new environment.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I wouldn't seperate them, keep everything in your existing site. It will save you headaches down the line.