cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV and OWA options

rnt123
Level 5

Hello,

I am talking with a potential client who is looking at EV for the sole purpose of giving their Exchange 2010 databases some extra room for space. They are mad that Single Instancing has been removed from Exchange! I am not sure they are thrilled about having to push out the EV client to their users, so they may go with shortcuts. In this case, the only two options for OWA users are using shortcuts or the Archive Explorer webpage to access archived items, correct?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, your OWA users would need a shortcut or use ArchiveExplorer or Search.  If they are remote employees they could utilize Vault Cache and\or Virtual Vault.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, your OWA users would need a shortcut or use ArchiveExplorer or Search.  If they are remote employees they could utilize Vault Cache and\or Virtual Vault.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i have worked with a customer that also didnt want to have to manage an outlook client across all the users computers. in their case no shortcuts were used and they provided users access to the search page or archive explorer if they needed to go back to older items that had been archived.

rnt123
Level 5

Thanks Tony, but don't Vault Cache and Virtual Vault require the EV client install software?

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Yes that would require EV client install, so only options are AE, Search or shortcut access.