EV and SQL change port with name pipes disable

PetrHanz
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi guys,

I have question to special configuration

EV 12.5.3.

SQL TCP connection use / name pipes disabled

SQL is standard (no Always On, no cluster) 

This is working and supported

After change default port of SQL we have problem where index service (event log 41619) cannot connect SQL server on error name pipes.   Where I can set  "don't use name pipes" and use TCP only.  After change default port ?

This should be working and supported.

Many thanks

A transient error is preventing the execution of a SQL command. Enterprise Vault will try to run the command again.
Command: 'EVLinqSqlBase: DB: Application Name=Indexing;Server=EVSQL01;Connect Timeout=60;Integrated Security=true;Database=EnterpriseVaultDirectory - Command: Symantec.EnterpriseVault.DirectoryAccess.DirectoryDBAccess+DirectoryContext'
Attempt: 5 of 40.
Last Error: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

1 REPLY 1

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You mentioned a port change but I see no non-default port specified in the results of your error. IRC it uses standard SQL notation which I think is (annoyingly) comma delineated so you would replace EVSQL01 in your VAC with EVSQL01,12345 where 12345 was the non-default port number.

that is where I would personally start.