cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV and retrievel of archived items

Ulf_Thomas_Joha
Level 3
Greetings,

I've posted a couple of other questions here conserning EV and a migration scenario where I was unable to archive items. These problems were solved, but now it turns out I cannot retrieve the archived items.

3 events pops up in the event log

3177:
A RetrieveMarkedItems request has failed. Not all of the messages could be returned to a shortcut. These messages will remain as pending retrieval in the users mailbox.

Mailbox: /o=Steenstrup/ou=STP_OSLO/cn=Recipients/cn=USER
Folder: Innboks

Error: <0x80040700>

2227:
User '' failed to restore an item into mailbox ''.
SavesetID: 158000000000000~200511280904530000~0~F9C421CA7EB04455B727ACC7206149C

2270:
A queued operation exceeded the retry count and has been discarded

Enterprise Vault Retrieval Service for SERVER

m_pIExchangeRestorationAgentUpdate->SavesetAvailable(OriginatingClient = "",
pISaveset,
AgentParamsSize = 1011,
pAgentParams,
NULL,
nRetryCount = 3,
NULL,
PSTFile = "", RestoreAndDelete = FALSE);

HRESULT: 0x80040700

And also a bunch of 3039:
Could not get a MAPI session from the session pool whilst retrieving an item to a mailbox.

The following error was returned: 80040700.

Any chance you guys could sched som light on this?

Other posts conserning this: http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=56277&tstart=15

Regards

Ulf ThomasMessage was edited by:
Ulf Thomas Johansen
4 REPLIES 4

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
How did you go about 'fixing' it the last time. Did you just create a new mailbox or did you alter the entry in the database to be the SMTP: address?

Cheers

Ulf_Thomas_Joha
Level 3
The last time the problem was getting arching to work all togheter. That was fixed by altering the EV systemmailbox name by adding the SMTP part directly in the database.

This problem how ever is releated to retrieving an allready archived element. (By that I mean I archive an item, and try to retrieve it one minute later and it will yield these errors)

Regards

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

The error code 80040700 maps to mapi_e_ambiguous_recip

The problem is that the value you corrected was perhaps just in the archiveserviceentry table but there is an equivilant value in the retrievalserviceentry table.

So you need to make the same change to the retrievalserviceentry table as well.

Ulf_Thomas_Joha
Level 3
WOW!

It worked. :)

One finaly question: Is there any other places I need to change the systemmailbox?

Regards

Ulf Thomas