Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV clients cannot store in Vault

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello All,

We have an issue where the users are unable to store in vault. The Error states that the process cannot be completed as the server is unavailable. This is happening across the board. All the services are running on the EV server. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GCSPT
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

hard to give a precise cause, have you tried running the USL or reset the password which will then reset permissions. It's a hammer but am assuming you aren't on the forum for a detailed root cause. Have you had a look at the shortcuts and hidden messages in the Mailbox's for DNS alias infomation

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Which version of EV on the server?

And on the client?

Which client OS?

Which Outlook version and Service Pack?

Are these users connected locally, or remotely (over RPC/HTTP for example).

Have you got a client trace with maximum logging enabled when a user tries to manually store in vault?

Have you tried going to http://fqdn-of-vault-server/EnterpriseVault/Search.asp from a client machine in Internet Explorer?

Working for cloudficient.com

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Rob,

I will confirm the infomation for you as I am not at my desk but what I can confirm is the following

EV = 9.0.4

Users are local

Outlook 2007

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Rob,

DNS-issue? Can users open Archive Explorer/Search Archive from a web-browser? Is perhaps backup still running? How many handles on the EV-servers (taskmanager/performance)? First thing that comes to mind: reboot.

Regards. Gertjan

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited

USers can access their items without any issues. WOuld the MSMQ sizes be an issue? it is currently set to 4 GB

@ROB

What are the users OS? Windows 7

What version of Outlook is running on the server (including SP)? 2003 SP2 – users have 2007 or 2010

What EV client are the users running? Most I think are still on 7.5 but even the upgraded 9.0.4 users are experiencing the same issue

Are the users local or roaming? Not 100% sure. Most users are local to their specific branch, don’t think there are many roaming users but will need to confirm that.

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have increassed the MSMQ and rebooted the servers. Hoping that resolves the problem. 

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

MSMQ might be an issue. What you can also check (just had that this morning) if there is an open partition in the store. I found one store having no open partitions, due to very strict free % setting.

Otherwise, I stand by the 'reboot' option first.

Regards. Gertjan

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Dtrace error

http error 336 (506)

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited

HTTP request error: 366 (503)
HTTP request error. Enterprise Vault is currently unavailable. Try again later. 503 

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Another error: If you try and sync all mailboxes then it states that access is denied but if you sync individual mailboxes then it works fine. 

deplyoment scanner states that all permissions are correct. 

GCSPT
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

hard to give a precise cause, have you tried running the USL or reset the password which will then reset permissions. It's a hammer but am assuming you aren't on the forum for a detailed root cause. Have you had a look at the shortcuts and hidden messages in the Mailbox's for DNS alias infomation

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Resetting the EV password seems to have resolved the issue. 

Thanks for the answer.