cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV finds two mailboxes for same user in Report mode, and only one in archive-now mode.

AndrewNolan
Level 3

I've got a single user whose mailbox was not getting archived, so I manaully ran the archiving task against her mailbox, but it still did not archive any items.  I ran the archive task against her mailbox in report mode and it displayed two entries for her name, so I double-clicked on each to view the information and one had the correct size and warning limits set and the other did not (no clue where it's finding this mailbox).  I tried to run the manual archive in normal mode again on her mailbox and the only mailbox that it found was the incorrect one that the reporting mode pulled up.  Anybody have any ideas why the report mode displays two, but the archiving mode only displays the incorrect one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

Any history of migration between Exchange servers (I assume we're talking Exchange).  Any chance that there are two people with the same name?

The rows from ExchangeMailboxEntry might help distinguish something that's happened (for example do the rows have the same MailboxGuid?). 

If in normal mode only one mailbox shows this would suggest one is enabled and the other isn't (as report mode will show all provisioned mailboxes for the server even if not enabled).

-Karl

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So report mode will show all provisioned mailboxes whereas archive now only shows enabled users.  Sounds like there is a duplicate in AD or Exchange

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

Any history of migration between Exchange servers (I assume we're talking Exchange).  Any chance that there are two people with the same name?

The rows from ExchangeMailboxEntry might help distinguish something that's happened (for example do the rows have the same MailboxGuid?). 

If in normal mode only one mailbox shows this would suggest one is enabled and the other isn't (as report mode will show all provisioned mailboxes for the server even if not enabled).

-Karl

AndrewNolan
Level 3

Genuis!  There is only one user with this name, but having suggested that one is enabled and one is not reminded me that we had to rebuild her AD account and mailbox last year (can't believe I forgot about that!).  I just checked for available mailboxes to enable and there she was.  I enabled it and it is working now.

Thanks guys.