cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV for Exchange 2010 - Delegate Vaulting

CG-Jerry-Young
Level 2

Does anyone know if it's possible to configure vaulting for delegates in such a way that just the Calendar content of the manager is brought down to the delegate's Outlook profile?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The fact is, user needs to have reviewer permission at manager's mailbox root in order to visible in archive explorer/virtual vault.

"Reviewer Permissions needed for Delegate Folder access to be viewed in Archive Explorer" http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH71838

Then you can delegate user to calendar folder's of manager as screenshot. After that run synchronization with 'folder hierarchy and permission'.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I don't think that it is possible.

Working for cloudficient.com

CG-Jerry-Young
Level 2

Hmmm.  Okay.

Might there be any other solution to this scenario?

We have admins who are delegates for multiple managers, including access to Inboxes, which are rather large.  They'd like to be able to go through the managers' Calendar archives using the Outlook interface for searching for specific entries.  Currently, the managers are exporting a list from their own Calendar archives and giving it to their admins, but that isn't ideal.

I've looked at Archive Explorer, and while that provides the same kind of Calendar item list as gets exported, that's not ideal either.

The problem here with pulling down the whole vault in that we're in Cached Mode and that affects the size of the admin's OST file (as I understand it).

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The fact is, user needs to have reviewer permission at manager's mailbox root in order to visible in archive explorer/virtual vault.

"Reviewer Permissions needed for Delegate Folder access to be viewed in Archive Explorer" http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH71838

Then you can delegate user to calendar folder's of manager as screenshot. After that run synchronization with 'folder hierarchy and permission'.