cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV for Mac 10.0.2.1057 login failure

mcnaugha
Level 3

I'm running OS X 10.8.2 and finally got to attempt authentication thanks to the release of EV for Mac 10.0.2.1057. Unfortunately the logins are failing. My credentials are correct.

I found http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH165380 but I'm not clear on whether that's my problem or not. Strangely enough we do have a newly established one-way trust to another forest. I'm not crossing that though. My account is in the same domain as the Exchange servers and my mailbox. Does the mere presence of a one-way trust cause this issue? Any news on a forthcoming fix for the issue described on 165380?

T.I.A.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mcnaugha
Level 3

angry PEBKAC situation. If I'd been entering the right password in the first place I wouldn't have posted here. blush It's working fine with 10.0.2.1057.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

If you don't have a linked mailbox, then it shouldn't be the cause of the problem.

I'd suggest contacting Support and seeing what they say.

Don't suppose you've tried :

* Same extensions on OSX Lion, in the same environment?

* Regular 10.0.2 extensions on OSX Lion, in the same environment?

Working for cloudficient.com

mcnaugha
Level 3

Haven't tried that yet. But I'll do that now. Thanks.

mcnaugha
Level 3

I am waiting to hear from my Exchange admin but I now think I could have a linked mailbox. I think they have our Exchange servers in a separate resource domain. I think the one-way trust will be deliberate so there will be no changing it. Guess I need to hope for a hotfix soon. sad

mcnaugha
Level 3

My Exchange admin has come back saying they're not in a separate resource domain/forest and my mailbox isn't linked.

So is this down to the mere presence of a forest trust that I'm not even crossing? Or is something else wrong here? I can authenticate to the EV web portal.

mcnaugha
Level 3

angry PEBKAC situation. If I'd been entering the right password in the first place I wouldn't have posted here. blush It's working fine with 10.0.2.1057.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Well, at least you got it sorted .. that's the main thing !

Working for cloudficient.com