cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV has stopped Public Folder archiving

Groombro
Level 3

My EV environment has stopped processing the public folders i've reseached it and been thought the common faults and nothing helps.the answer to all the coomon faults are below.

nothing has changed in the environment between last working and today.

i have no errors in the MS event viewer

i've tried to run the task in report mode to see if that showed an error but it doesn't run

the general logs don't show any issues.

The password for the service account is correct and current 

restarting doesn't help nor does a restart of the services.

Unforunately i can't get dtrace to work for some reason it wouldn't enable the log for monitoring the public folder archive. Probably me getting the wrong commands

however the MSMQ for the EV queues p5 is massive. (3 million emails)

A symantec engineer had recented manually purged the queues while working on something else but i don't know if it was this queue and i don't want to loss data be purging it myself.

does any one have any ideas on what may cause this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The P5 is folders to process, do you really have 3 million folders?  Seems like it hasn't worked in awhile.

Enterprise Vault Public Folder task for server queueP5

Folders to process. Used during scheduled archive runs.

This queue is not processed outside the scheduled archiving times, so you cannot use Run Now to clear a backlog on this queue.

Can you open the queue and see what the oldest item is?  That will tell us when it stopped processing.

I believe you could safely purge this queue as EV will re-populate it on the next archive run. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You really need to get Dtrace to work ..

Working for cloudficient.com

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The P5 is folders to process, do you really have 3 million folders?  Seems like it hasn't worked in awhile.

Enterprise Vault Public Folder task for server queueP5

Folders to process. Used during scheduled archive runs.

This queue is not processed outside the scheduled archiving times, so you cannot use Run Now to clear a backlog on this queue.

Can you open the queue and see what the oldest item is?  That will tell us when it stopped processing.

I believe you could safely purge this queue as EV will re-populate it on the next archive run. 

Groombro
Level 3

EV stopped processing on 26 april

there are 3073404 items in the queue so is there a maximum number of items in can have in a EV queue Microsoft says that there isn't a limit in MSMQ's

Groombro
Level 3

Ok things are getting stranger and stranger i went in a purged the P3 queue to see if it was simply a resources issue and left it to run for a few hours and pulled up the report.

and the results are as follows

A. the MSMQ p5 queue has grown and seemingly processing again.

B. reportng shows 10thousand mails archived

all good so it looks like a resource issue

except the reports now show 8 yes 8 emails processed yesterday evening (between when i was looking at this yesterday and midnight) so now i'm really confused  but it seems to be working so i'll leave it for now and monitor for the next few days and see if it keeps working.