Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV in read-only mode

Wilson_Chong
Level 4
Employee
Hi,
Is it possible for me to turn the EV into read-only mode during day-times and only change it back to normal mode when the archiving is start? After the archiving window, will change it back to read-only mode. Is there any pros or cons with this? Thanks

Wilson
3 REPLIES 3

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Wilson,
Technically no (assuming of course that your tasks all start in the evening). The real question is why? If you don't want your users manually archiving items without your say so, hide the archive button from the client.
And technically (again, your mileage may vary), this wouldn't be a best practice if you were thinking of using PST migrations (as some of those can technically be best run during the day).

micah

Martin_Widemann
Level 4
Hi,

i will go along with Micah. It makes no sense to put EV in Read Only Mode during the normal Buisiness Hours. Also in Read Only Mode User will have no Shopping Basket aviable as i think.

The first question you should think about, what result do you wan�t to gain from putting EV in Read Only Mode during Buisiness Hours.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello Wilson,

We do the same. We have EV in read-only mode (backup-mode in 8.0) during the day (from 06:00 to 18:00) That is because we make backup's during the day. This has no effect on users. We do not allow users to manually archive, shopping works.

GJ
Regards. Gertjan