cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV migration

Musa_Timur_Sari
Level 4
Partner Accredited

There is a W2003 32bit stn non clustered EV 9.0.3 installation. I need to migrate it to a new hardware which has W2008R2 64 bit..

I have installed exact version of EV9.0.3 on new server. IIS etc, deployments scan shows a successfull install.

Disabled all deletes, storage expiration, move  archive and delete task what so ever. Ev on old W2003 platform is running for a week now in READONLY mode.

I have been replicating EV index and storage data to new server wih excat same volumes including permissions etc via Robocopy.

Downloaded Last EV migration util. captured all EV9.0.3 setting via this utility and created migration package without any problem.

Changed DNS alias in order to point new EV server.

Executed migration tool on new server and imported all setting to new EV server on W2008 R2 64 bit without any problem.

All services starts with no problem. There isn't even any single error message in evet viewer.. All work fine.

When I try to search in a user mail box I get error saying page is not available. Then I went to control IIS settings on new server. I found that non of the site info,appliaceiton pools nor any single item populated in IIS. Tried to create them manually without any luck.

Does any one faced with same issue?

Is there any tool which can migrate IIS settings on W2003 server to W2008 R2 IIS7 EV server. Does EV migration tools do this task?

If no is there any procedure in order to move old EV IIS settings from w2003 server to new W2008 R2 64bit IIS7 server?

I need clear solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Delete the IIS virtual dirs and try cscript webapp.vbs
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have not ran in to that issue and I have used the Server Settings migration wizard several times.

Can you give the exact steps you followed installing the software on the new server?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

No errors in the eventlog or erros during the server settings migration wizard ?

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Delete the IIS virtual dirs and try cscript webapp.vbs
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I would just re-install EV over the top - it will create all the IIS VD's and application pools etc.

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sounds like a bunch of good suggestions were provided here which should have resolved your issue., Can you please flag which one you went with or provide your solution so that people trying to help others do not accidetnly come in and post to a topic no longer in need of help. 

If you are still having an issue or need clarificiation on one of the above proposals... can you pelas elet us know and we will do our best to address them

Many thanks,