cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV performance following addition of 3rd Exchange 2007 cluster

EV_Novice
Level 5

Dear Experts and Gurus,

a couple of weeks ago, we added a thrid Exchange 2007 cluster to our environment.

We run one EV server (EV 10.0.3) and it services 10,000+ mailboxes.

It was just about coping with two Exchange 2007 clusters, but since the third was added, the perfomance has been getting poorer. We have about 5000 mailboxes on each of the original Exchange 2007 mail clusters and around 300 priveliged user mailboxes on the third Exchange 2007 cluster.

I find now that EV runs out of connections. In the event log I found errors such as 3432 'Could not get a MAPI session from the session pool. ', and 3432 'This indicates that the maximum number of connections has been consumed on this Enterprise Vault Server'.

I think reducing the number of concurrent connections might help - currently set to 5 for each of the three servers and I am considering reducing the concurrent connections to 4 each for all three clusters, with 1000 items per pass..

As usual, there is no budget for server upgrade and little room to manouevre. Appreciate any advice you can offer !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Reducing the number of connections is an option but I wouldn't think 3 tasks would cause that.  Have you seen this?

Enterprise Vault Event 3411 or Event 3432 - Troubleshooting Digest

Article:TECH139751  |  Created: 2010-09-14  |  Updated: 2014-01-27  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH139751

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

EV_Novice
Level 5

Hi All,

just went for it and reduced the concurrent settings from 5 x 1000 items per pass to 4 x 1000 per pass. Performance seems a bit better now. Appreciate any better ideas / tweaks / fiddles that might enhance the performace beyond my feeble efforts!!

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Reducing the number of connections is an option but I wouldn't think 3 tasks would cause that.  Have you seen this?

Enterprise Vault Event 3411 or Event 3432 - Troubleshooting Digest

Article:TECH139751  |  Created: 2010-09-14  |  Updated: 2014-01-27  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH139751