cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV possible to disable 'Defer Indexing' through SQL query?

RASHIAN
Level 2

Hi

I have a FSA archive point without indexing ('Defer Indexing' tap is on) previously. The target archive server or the archive folder has been removed so there is no way to disable 'Defer Indexing' through GUI. Is this possible with some SQL query? So I may be able to start building the Index.

Chris

5 REPLIES 5

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

if the archive is present , you can rebuild the indexes . YOu dnt really need to start the rebuild of index via SQl query

Here is a TN that holds links to many other EV10 Indexing articles, http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO58947 

RASHIAN
Level 2

Hi RahulG,

Thanks for your response. I can rebuild the index but it does not actually create the index due to the deferred indexing setting. I think I need to remove the referred index setting first. 

Below is the index rebuild report message FYI.

01/05/2015 12:49:39 The index volume is set to deferred indexing. No rebuild required.
01/05/2015 12:49:39 The rebuild has completed successfully and reported no issues.

Chris

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Oh Yes to cancel deferred indexing, you must edit the archive point properties.Let me research on it.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

I guess you may have to create the archive point again using the FSA uiility .I would suggest you to open a support case and check if any other option available.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

open a command prompt and cd to your EV installation folder. run: archivepoints.exe read \\path\to\archive that you want to change for the indexing

if you dont know the exact path then you can use: archivepoints.exe find \\path\of\target which you hopefully do know.

the 'read' command will list the "index disabled" status which should be set to true based on what you are experiencing.

you'll want to run: archivepoints.exe update \\archive\point\name and use an xml template file to set the indexDisabled parameter to true. pull up the Utilities.pdf document which comes with your EV install files and check out the archivepoints section (page 20) for an example xml template to use.