cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV possible to list FSA archived files with some sql query?

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi

I have FSA archiving point without indexing ('Defer Indexin' tap is on) and I need to produce a list of files that are in the archive. Is this possible with some SQL query or would I need some expensive third party tool to do it?

Sani B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Defer indexing and FSA is a really bad option because FSAUtility requires the items to be indexed for that tool to work That being said, the only place that will have the item names are the physical DVS files, the indexes and the placeholders on the file server, the names are not held anywhere in the SQL databases you could check for offline files and files with alternate data streams, but that only helps for archived items that have a shortcut Onlynother alternative I could imagine is trawling your archive report logs, but you probably only keep five days worth
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Defer indexing and FSA is a really bad option because FSAUtility requires the items to be indexed for that tool to work That being said, the only place that will have the item names are the physical DVS files, the indexes and the placeholders on the file server, the names are not held anywhere in the SQL databases you could check for offline files and files with alternate data streams, but that only helps for archived items that have a shortcut Onlynother alternative I could imagine is trawling your archive report logs, but you probably only keep five days worth
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

So basicly I would need to (re)build the index in order to be able to use FSAUtility to list the items?

Or see if DVS files can produce that list from Centera without recovering the item?

Correct?

Sani B.