Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV remove archive with dvs files

Remek
Level 4

Hi

I have EV 9.0.2, and two partitions, VSTORE1 and VARCH

VARCH contains archives for disabled users or users who don't work in our company anymore. 

So now I need to remove those archives from VARCH to create more free space on this partition. 

I removed about 100GB but nothing has changed with free space. I noticed that archives have gone from EV Console in Exchange Mailbox, but free space on partition hasn't changed. 

What should I do to increase free space ? I thought that EV will remove .dvs files for those archives which I removed. 

Regards

Remigiusz

6 REPLIES 6

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello Remek,

It could be due to a couple of reasons. If the sharing level is configured at the Vault Store Group, you might have some share parts in VARCH with references from VSTORE1 or references from archives in the same Vault Store if the sharing level is within the Vault Store. You mentioned you delted 100GB of data, but do you still have archives in the VARCH Vault Store?

If you have collections enabled, Enterprise Vault doesn't really remove the DVS files from the collections until the SparseCollection value is reached. At that point, Enterprise Vault would extract the savesets from the CABs, delete the files and recollected the remaining data.

I hope this helps.

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Additionally, if you have collections enabled you could consider using the feature "Migration" in the Vault Partition configuration to move old files to a different (less expensive & slower generally) storage platform.  This would free up the space on your primary vault store storage platform.

Remek
Level 4

Hi

I don't have collections enabled on VARCH Partition, I have but on VSTORE1. 

Size of VARCH partition is about 1,4 TB, and it contains only .dvs files. 

I don't think that archives from VARCH partition have any connected file in VSTORE1 but I don't know how to check this. 

Remek
Level 4

can it be settings in site properties, tab Storage Expiry and I have selected Process Vault Stores Never

But I don't want to loose archives from VSTORE1 partition.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Do right click over the Vault Store Group click Properties > Sharing tab. You can verify if the sharing level is between Vault Store or within the Vault Store Group.

Remek
Level 4

in sharing tab I have both partitions with sharing level No Sharing