cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV - reporting on Exchange Stats for users / groups

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have an installation currently running EV9 (shortly to be 10), including Exchange Journal & Mailbox archiving and Discovery Accelerator.

A request has been made to be able to report on the number of emails sent/received by users, split by internal email and external email. 

As far as I can see EV reporting will report on the general performance and health of the EV system, and not the type of stats they are looking for.  DA also doesn't seem to provide any of this information.

I see many posts around using PowerShell scripts on Exchange itself, but thought as we have all of the Journal information in EV is there a way to retrieve the required statistics from EV ?

Any input appreciated.

AJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

EV isn't the right place to look for this really.

You should look at the message tracking logs on your Exchange environment.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

EV isn't the right place to look for this really.

You should look at the message tracking logs on your Exchange environment.

Working for cloudficient.com

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

SolarWinds does that kind of reporting if I am not mistaken, but that is indeed as Rob points out, Exchange information, not EV related.

Regards. Gertjan

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks Guys.

jgorman
Level 2
Certified

Quest MessageStats is pretty nice. I've been running it for about 5 years. It'll give you a lot of reporting on message tracking, database statistics, sizing, storage usage, top mailboxes by size or volume. It pretty much just a log parser with a pretty interface. It comes in handy if you can't script in Powershell. If you look into it don't take the first price they give you. I beat them up on pricing and was able to license 60,000 users for alf of the initial quote.