cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV reports - time in GMT?

Rob_Vollum
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I installed EV Reports, based on MS SQL Server Reporting Services. My reports (for example, archiving activity per hour) show up in GMT. How can I make them show up in the timezone of the EV server?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As of EV2007 SP4, the ArchivedDate stored in SQL is now in UTC format, rather than local timezone format. This change was necessary to resolve issues elsewhere in the product. Unfortunately, the Items Archived Per Hour report relies on this SQL value and hence that report now reflects archiving activity according to UTC and not your local timezone

For the time being you need to mentally adjust the time being represented in the report to your local timezone There is, however, an escalated ETrack to make this report ‘timezone aware’ so that the pre-SP4 functionality is returned in SP5 (and possibly even an SP4 hotfix)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Pending_Shortcu
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hey Rob, just curious to see if you've found a solution for this - I just noticed it too.

thanks

Dan

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As of EV2007 SP4, the ArchivedDate stored in SQL is now in UTC format, rather than local timezone format. This change was necessary to resolve issues elsewhere in the product. Unfortunately, the Items Archived Per Hour report relies on this SQL value and hence that report now reflects archiving activity according to UTC and not your local timezone

For the time being you need to mentally adjust the time being represented in the report to your local timezone There is, however, an escalated ETrack to make this report ‘timezone aware’ so that the pre-SP4 functionality is returned in SP5 (and possibly even an SP4 hotfix)

Pending_Shortcu
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Ok, thanks for the update Paul.  It's helpful to at least get the background/root cause and an update on future plans.  Much appreciated.

Dan

Rob_Vollum
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Yes, thanks. It's good to understand the reason, and to be able to set expectations. I'll look forward to the time when customers can see reports in local time again.

Thanks,

Rob