Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV rpc over http sync modifies OL reminder and free/busy

ZeNick
Level 4

Dear Forum,

Here's a strange one that appears since we installed Outlook 2010:

When the EV client synchronizes in RPC over Http mode, the reminder values in a new meeting request are changed with a lot of decimal and the free/busy of attendees are no more visible.

Before the EV client synchronizes, everything is ok but as soon as it initiates the sync, the value of the reminders is changed and, for any new attendees added to the meeting, the free/busy informations are not available.

If Outlook 2010 is restarted, everything will be ok until the next EV sync.

This behavior doesn't occur when using Outlook 2007.

The problem is also the same when using EV9 or EV10 http-only client with Outlook 2010.

We are using EV9 sp2 and EV is published using ISA 2006.

Do you have any ideas about this behavior?

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yes I do.. but no I'm not published with ISA 2006.  I don't have that available to me at the moment, and no time to set it up this week.  I "simply" enabled RPC/HTTP in my Outlook profile, which forces the EV Outlook Addin to RPC/HTTP mode (and you can see that in the client logs).

I'd suggest contacting Support with your repro steps, and seeing if they are able to reproduce it with you.  I think it's an "odd" one, and at this point I feel sure it's some interaction with ISA that is causing this, but I don't know what.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Can you reproduce this? Is this for archived appointments?

ZeNick
Level 4

Hello Rob,

Yes, I can reproduce this behavior, I just have to launch Outlook with Outlook Anywhere and launch a Synchronization of the Vault Cache.

It's not for archived appointments, the problem appears when creating a new meeting request after the synchronisation of the vault cache occurs.

Thanks

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay..  so some more questions (because I couldn't reproduce this just now)...

1/  Does this reproduce without RPC/HTTP configured?

2/  Can you give details of the appointment you created?  I created an appointment for Wednesday at 8am, with the default reminder of 15 minutes before the start of the meeting, and setup Virtual Vault.. synched 2-3 times, and the reminder still shows as 15 minutes when I click on the appointment in the calendar (haven't opened it, just viewing in the calendar).

3/  Which OS is this one?  

4/  Is it Outlook 2010, or Outlook 2010 SP 1?

5/  What version of Internet Explorer is installed on the client?

ZeNick
Level 4

You can ask as many questions as you want :)

1/ I'm not sure about the way to desactivate EV rpc/http, I just set "RPC over HTTP Proxy URL" value in the policies at blank. Then, I tried again and when I launched the EV sync, I got an error as no server was available, but this time, the error didn't occured, but my virtual vault items weren't available.

2/ I just click on "New Items / Meeting" and I leave it open without typing anything. Before EV establishes the sync, the reminder is "15 minutes", once the EV sync occurs and the "Windows Security" popup asks for the credentials, the reminder of the meeting is changed to "15,00000000000...." and the free/busy informations of attendees I add to the meeting are no more available.

3/ The OS is Windows 7 Enterprise

4/ The client is Outlook 2010 (14.0.5128.5000)

5/ The Internet Explorer version is IE8 (8.0.7600.16385)

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello ZeNick,

To clarify exactly what you do, seeing you use W7, can you record the steps using PSR?

Click Start, type psr.exe

This opens the Problem Step Recording tool. Verify in the settings somewhere that you set it to show enough steps. If I recall correctly, it makes a screenshot of every click you do. This will show the issue. The tool is also available on W2008R2, but it might be helpfull for Rob to see what happens. When done, zip the file, and attach it here...

Regards. Gertjan

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

nice!!!!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

ZeNick
Level 4

Hi,

Here are the steps.

For information, I've installed Office 2010 SP1 but the problem still occurs.

Thx

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

hmm I can't reproduce that...  unless, as I said before, it is something happening with RPC/HTTP (because that's the only thing that I don't have configured).

Have you tried without?

ZeNick
Level 4

I tested without rpc/http and the problem doesn't occur in this case.

It appears that the problem occurs as soon as the "Windows Security" window popups.

I searched EV logs and enable Outlook logging but I didn't see anything.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Just a quick FYI.

It doesn't repro for me.

ZeNick
Level 4

Rob,

Do you get the "Windows Security" popup ?

Is EV published with ISA2006?

thx

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yes I do.. but no I'm not published with ISA 2006.  I don't have that available to me at the moment, and no time to set it up this week.  I "simply" enabled RPC/HTTP in my Outlook profile, which forces the EV Outlook Addin to RPC/HTTP mode (and you can see that in the client logs).

I'd suggest contacting Support with your repro steps, and seeing if they are able to reproduce it with you.  I think it's an "odd" one, and at this point I feel sure it's some interaction with ISA that is causing this, but I don't know what.

ZeNick
Level 4

Ok, thank you Rob, I'm going to open a case and I'll keep you informed.

Regards

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay that's great, thanks.