cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV - shortcut deletion behaviour?

CadenL
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The EV server has the setting to retain the archived item when the users deletes a shortcut from within Outlook. Is there a way to retrospectively change this so that any shortcuts that have been deleted by users can be removed from the users archive?

I have a need to restore the users archives back to their mailboxes and want to avoid restoring items that the users have already deleted.

many thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

VirgilDobos

Hi mate,

As far as I know, this is not possible. You can do the vice-versa, ie. delete the shortcuts of those emails deleted from the archive, but the other way around not possible per my experience.

--Virgil

View solution in original post

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

I do not think that there is a way to do this properly.

Do you also have a policy that deletes shortcuts after a while?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VirgilDobos

Hi mate,

As far as I know, this is not possible. You can do the vice-versa, ie. delete the shortcuts of those emails deleted from the archive, but the other way around not possible per my experience.

--Virgil

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

I do not think that there is a way to do this properly.

Do you also have a policy that deletes shortcuts after a while?

CadenL

Thanks for the replies

Shortcuts aren't deleted as aprt of the policy so it's only items that the users have manually deleted. I don't actually think there will be that many as users tend to delete much of their email before it's archived, but some users do delete old shortcuts from time to time.