Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV shortcuts broken after Exchange sp3 install

Celtic
Level 5
Partner

Hi,

I upgraded my evserver to 8 sp4 and the outlook extensions on my two cas servers. Everything worked fine. I then installed Exchange 2007 sp3 on one of my CAS servers. I logged into OWA on my CAS servers afrer installing sp3 and the vault icons were gone. I reinstalled the 8 sp3 extensions and when I log in I now can see the vault icons, however when I try to open a vault item..I get

"The archived item is currently unavailable.If you choose to reply or forward,the content shown below will be included. Click here to review the item!

When I click on the message

I get another message with the http://path of message and message saying "the web site may not be trusted and may be used to collect personal information, such as username and password. are you sure you want to continue.

I click Yes and the email opens

Why is this now broken, I thought I took all the right steps by?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Celtic
Level 5
Partner

Hi,

I just disabled windows firewall and rebooted and its working ok now. Not sure if it was a windows firewall issue or if the reboot after I ran the script did it (Windows firewall was disabled before i installed the exchange sp3, but need to start it as sp3 will not install unless the windows firewall is turned on)

I am doing my second cas now so might know better with this install what caused the issue

Thanks for all your replies

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

when you upgraded, Enterprise Vault should have made a backup of the Web.config file that OWA uses, check that backup version vs the one thats being used, you might find a custom configuration that was added that was removed or changed on the upgrade

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Celtic
Level 5
Partner

HI,

Where about is this backup located?

Where can I find details about configuring OWA 2007 extensions

Thanks

Celtic
Level 5
Partner

Hi I copied the web.config file from another cas server i have in same site to broken cas and have same issue

Celtic
Level 5
Partner

Hi,

I just disabled windows firewall and rebooted and its working ok now. Not sure if it was a windows firewall issue or if the reboot after I ran the script did it (Windows firewall was disabled before i installed the exchange sp3, but need to start it as sp3 will not install unless the windows firewall is turned on)

I am doing my second cas now so might know better with this install what caused the issue

Thanks for all your replies