cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV task in Report mode doesn't generate any reports

Cdee
Level 6

Hi Guys,

I am trying to run the archiving task against one of my Exchange server in report mode, but unfortunately it does not generate any reports in the default location i have checked other location as well but havent seen anything.

Do i need to do something special to get this working as it was working earlier but all of sudden it wont show any report for archiving i can see reports for moved items and provisiong task.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_Alleman
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

I have seen this happen before when a previous "Run Now" (normal or report) gets "stuck" in MSMQ keeping subsequent ones from running.

Check your MSMQ A3 queue to see if there are any items stuck on it.  If there are, stop the task and purge the A3 queue.  This will clear out any stuck items and should allow you to do the report mode run.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

You don't need to do anything special, so are you getting any errors in the event logs?

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Try restarting the task, if that doesn't work then restart the EV services. 

Cdee
Level 6

No errors logged and also i tried restarting the services and then server as well but still no go.

Chris_Alleman
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

I have seen this happen before when a previous "Run Now" (normal or report) gets "stuck" in MSMQ keeping subsequent ones from running.

Check your MSMQ A3 queue to see if there are any items stuck on it.  If there are, stop the task and purge the A3 queue.  This will clear out any stuck items and should allow you to do the report mode run.

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

And if that doesn't work try recreating the task.