cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV v9.0.1 Virtual Vault - Items to Download - Stuck

TElliott
Level 4

I have a user who reports that thier Vault Synchrinisation is failing.

Items to download does not change and Outlook locks up.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BigPhil
Level 5

First thing I would do is upgrade the Enterprise Vault client on the pc as you are a few versions behind (you should also upgrade your EV server to the latest service pack for version 9). Also check that the Outlook client is running the latest supports Microsoft Office service pack.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BigPhil
Level 5

First thing I would do is upgrade the Enterprise Vault client on the pc as you are a few versions behind (you should also upgrade your EV server to the latest service pack for version 9). Also check that the Outlook client is running the latest supports Microsoft Office service pack.

Andrew_S_Jones
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

I would agree that at the least we should look to use the latest client, as there are known issues with the 9.0.1 client:

Hotfix for Symantec Enterprise Vault (EV) for Microsoft Exchange 9.0.3, Build 1221- Cumulative hotfix for Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-in:  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH180574

Also, are there other add-ins within their Outlook client and are they up to date? (ie iTunes Outlook Addin, etc.)

Chris_Warren
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

It seems to cycle going through the MDC constantly.  Perhaps the MDC could be corrupt. 

Have you tried performing a partial reset?

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

well to be fair, its 7 seconds of trace, the MDC stuff you're seeing is fine.
You may want to check whats actually going on the machine as well though that might lock up Outlook itself, as always its good to go to the latest version of the client, not sure if you really need the rollup hotfix for 9 sp3 or not though.

One thing i do notice though, you have two archives you're trying to cache though right? one in an FSA site and one in a mail archive site, is that correct?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146