cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV works, there is a user mailbox that is not archived

daPeda
Level 3

Hello!

A customer has EV 9.0.2.1061, which works so far. However, there is a user mailbox that is not archived. Here are the same policies in use, as with the other user mailboxes. I have the mailbox in the EV already disabled and then reactivated. The log file MovedItemsUpdateSummary_SPBEXCH_20180606 contains the column "No of items ready to archive": 0. There are over 100,000 items in the mailbox.

The troubleshooting guide from https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Articles/Troubleshooting-a-mailbox-that-will-not-archive-in-Enterprise/ta..., but apparently there's no mailbox archiving report in version 9 for further investigations.

What can I do to have the mailbox archived?

Thank you in advance!
Many Thanks!

Peter

9 REPLIES 9

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Peter,

A dtrace on the following processes while running the Archiving task against the problematic mailbox should give us more clues into what might be the issue.

AgentClientBroker
ArchiveTask
StorageArchive
StorageOnlineOpns
w3wp

--Virgil

Hi Virgil,

thanks a lot for your Feedback!

I have now created the DTRACE files. What do I have to look for here?

Peter

Have a look at "failed" or "error" entries

AgentClientBroker
ArchiveTask 
StorageArchive 
StorageOnlineOpns 
w3wp

Here I can find some "ERROR" or "FAILED" entries. But none is related to the user. For that I find something like this:

{CFolderHelper::GetFolderSettings:#1130} Found broken folder chain for folder [Jürgen USERNAME]

or

EFP - Folder Policy Settings for [Jürgen USERNAME]|  Filter Type = Not archiving this folder (do not archive)|  Archive Settings Locked = FALSE|  Override Locks = FALSE|  Delete Original = FALSE|  Create Shortcut = FALSE|  Archive unread items = FALSE|  Archiving based on : Age|  Age Based Period 999 Years|  Not using Size Priority Settings

or

A storage limit has been found on mailbox CN=Jürgen USERNAME,OU=Wien,OU=Users,OU=bbb ccccc,DC=Customername,DC=at| Quota Type: QUOTA_NONE| Quota Limit (K): 125039008| Quota Used (K): 38157247| (Note: This is the information store default for all mailboxes) |

but this entry is very interesting:

87043 16:10:11.660 [16484] (ArchiveTask) <18764> EV:M EFP - Folder Policy Settings for [Jürgen USERNAME]|  Filter Type = Not archiving this folder (do not archive)|  Archive Settings Locked = FALSE|  Override Locks = FALSE|  Delete Original = FALSE|  Create Shortcut = FALSE|  Archive unread items = FALSE|  Archiving based on : Age|  Age Based Period 999 Years|  Not using Size Priority Settings

The majority of this is the case with "FAILED":

AgentExchSynch::FS - Posting SynchronizeMailbox messages for failed items

Peter

Hello,

Unfortunately, I do not get on with these error messages.

EV: M EFP - Folder Policy Settings for [Jürgen USERNAME] | Filter Type = Not archiving this folder (do not archive) |
Where can this be deactivated? Is that in the registry?

Also, I executed the following query:
Select * from ExchangeMailboxEntry
Here I compared the user who does not work with a working one. All the same.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regadrs,
Peter

The filter telling the task not to process this folder is stored in the mailbox as a hidden message, meaning that it is in the associated contents table of the folder object in Exchange. You can view this filter using MFCMAPI. The filter should contain a boolean property called "Mailbox Config Tool." If this is true, it means the filter was created by Enterprise Vault Policy Manager (EVPM), whereas if it is false, it means the filter was created some other way. (The only non-EVPM way I know of to create a filter like this is for a user to edit the folder's archiving strategy using the full version of the Outlook Add-in.)

Removing the filter is as simple as right-clicking and deleting it in MFCMAPI.

--Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks for reply.

I just searched for the "Mailbox Config Tool" with MFCMAPI. I could not find that in the information store or inbox. Then I found under "Property" -> Advanced -> "find all named Props" the item "Mailbox Config Tool". It is entered as type "PT_Error". 0x80040102 MAPI_E_NO_SUPPORT but I do not suppose that's the right one ...

I found the same synonymous with another user, but is successfully archived.

Peter

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Peter,

A few remarks:
For this one user Jurgen X, Age based archiving is set to 999 years.
that won't archive anything...

What I would check is the following:
Are you sure the user is in a provisioning group which gives him the normal policies?

If he is, on the mailbox archiving task for his Exchange server, can you sync his mailbox? Does that work?

If that works, can you disable the user for archiving, then zap the mailbox? (zap can be done with EVPM, see utilities guide how to)
When zapped, run provisioning again.
When provisioning is run, sync his mailbox again.
when synced, enable his mailbox again, assign his existing archive.

Run the archiving task manually (rightclick task, run now), where you (if I recall correct) can specifically select his mailbox.

See what happens.

Regards. Gertjan

Hi!

I apologize for the late feedback, I was involved in projects recently.

I've just zapped the MBX and it seems like this works now. In the detailed MBX report, I see that the number of archived elements in this user increases.

Will see tomorrow in Usermailbox, but i think, it´s fine.

Thanks to all!

Kind regards,

Peter