cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV10/11 Client side icon PST Migration not disappearing

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

In EV10/11, you have this Client Driven Migration option. When enabling this in the PST Policy (Migration tab, Allow PST Submission), the user gets an additional icon in the EV tab in Outlook called "PST Migration".

When putting the user in another policy using provisioning, and sync, WITHOUT the 'allow PST Submission', the button does not disappear after a resync of the mailbox. I zapped the mailbox (after disabling it), and re-enabled and synced it again, but the button remains.

Should the button disappear? Can anyone think of a reason why the button remains?

Current version EV11.0.1, client version 11.0.1.3474. In the log-file, PSTALLOWDONATION = 0, PSTIMPORTENABLED = 1

Thanks,

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew_G_
Level 5
Employee Accredited

As far as I  understand it, the extra "PST Migration" button on the ribbon is added when the mailbox is enabled for client side migration via Personal Store Management -> Mailboxes -> Enable client-driven migration...

The "Allow PST submission" option adds an extra button within the dialog that "PST Migration" shows. This allows the user to select a PST to submit, rather than the just the Outlook Add-in searching for them in the background.

So unchecking the "Allow PST submission" box will have no effect on the ribbon buttons.

Hope that helps

Andrew

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

Can you check the user's registry settings?

You can also enable a user for client-side migration by setting the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client\PSTImportEnabled = 1 [DWORD]. Setting this key to '0' disables PST migration. Note that this registry will override any enabled settings made in the VAC (as in step 1).

Andrew_G_
Level 5
Employee Accredited

As far as I  understand it, the extra "PST Migration" button on the ribbon is added when the mailbox is enabled for client side migration via Personal Store Management -> Mailboxes -> Enable client-driven migration...

The "Allow PST submission" option adds an extra button within the dialog that "PST Migration" shows. This allows the user to select a PST to submit, rather than the just the Outlook Add-in searching for them in the background.

So unchecking the "Allow PST submission" box will have no effect on the ribbon buttons.

Hope that helps

Andrew

GertjanA

Andrew is the man!

Tony, we do not allow no use local registrykeys, I did check. Thanks anyway for reminding.

I opened the console, went to Personal Store Management, Mailboxes, filter 'Client-driven enabled', righclicked my mailbox, change client-driven migration status, set to 'disabled'.

Restarted Outlook, button gone!

Thanks Andrew, I learn every day....

Regards. Gertjan