cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV10.4 integration with EMC VNX Nas share

nickt2
Level 4

Hi Guys

I was looking for some guidance or assistance regarding issues we have been having getting our EMC VNX5800 nas integrating with EV 10.4 FSA. We are moving away from Windows file servers, and looking to move our company files to a NAS cifs share, and also create EV archive stub file ( without pass through ).

We have successfully following the steps and commands below from Veritas, however we cannot add the NAS share in as a "new file server" in the EV console. We get the error enclosed.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000047067

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000046632

Any information would be appreciated. Let me know if you need any further details. We have not had much luck with Vertias directly.

Thanks

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nickt2
Level 4

Hi Guys

Just an update. Got this working fine. The issue was resolved by enabling "digest" authentication on our VNX NAS device.  We could then add in Nas as a file server in EV console.

Nick

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

CarlyH
Level 3
Employee

Hi Nick,

Do you currently have a case open with support? If so, message me your case number and I can assist you. -Carly

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

are you sure you did this step at the end?

Add the Vault Service account as a member of the Administrators group of the Celerra/VNX CIFS server:

• In Windows, start Computer Management.

• In the Computer Management console, select Action > Connect to another computer. Enter the name of the CIFS server.

• Add the Vault Service account to the Administrators group.

nickt2
Level 4

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the response. Yes, we have triple checked all the settings in the Veritas document. The EV vault service account is in explicitly in the Celerra\VNX cifs server local administrators group, and also in as an idividual account.

We get the error when trying to add in the Celerra NAS share as a file server within the EV console. "User  nas_sev is not authorized to access %server%".

The vault service account has full access to all the cifs shares on the EV server.

Cheers

Nick

AndrewB

are you sure about that? "nas_sev" is not the name of the account in the screenshot you have attached. (the closest thing i see is an account named "sev")

nickt2
Level 4

Hi Andrew

I did try in a few times with different accounts. SEV is out Windows vault service account. The account requested in the "New File Server" dialogue box within EV is requesting the Celerra\VNX local user account created using the command line below on the VNX cmd.  That is what I can gather from the documentation.

/nas/sbin/server_user server_2 -add -md5 -passwd nas_sev

Just to be sure I have used the datamove account and also the domain vault account, again with the same error unfortunately .

Cheers

Nick

AndrewB

i think you need to go back to computer management in windows, connect to the VNX, open the Administrators group, and add the account called YourDomain\SEV then you can go back to EV and run through the "New File Server" wizard and there you use the nas_sev account which is your local data mover account.

nickt2
Level 4

Hi Andrew

This is already done, I have checked it multiple times and the sev domain account is added as an admin. The vault domain account can open up all the cifs shares no issues. The problem seems to be with the nas_sev datamover account not authentication, even although the commands all worked . Thanks

Nick

nickt2
Level 4

Hi Carly

Yes, we have had a call open since last week. Last contact was Friday then nothing, despite emailing support first thing and leaving a voicemail with Veritas contact.  - 20873278

Unfortunately Veritas support experience hasnt been too good so far.

Nick

nickt2
Level 4

Hi Guys

Just an update. Got this working fine. The issue was resolved by enabling "digest" authentication on our VNX NAS device.  We could then add in Nas as a file server in EV console.

Nick