cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV10 Client Security Warning for Search Vaults

Chuck_Ford
Level 4

Has any see this yet?  We believe we have found that a very small change to how the EV10 client creates the EVWebViewRedirect.htm file on the fly when selecting the Search Vaults button in Outlook causes a Security Warning Pop-up for some of our PCs. 

EV9 and before create the file without any CRLF ... but EV10 does the following...

<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet --><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV=REFRESH CONTENT="0; URL=http://EVPROD002/ .... etc....

but EV10 does the following...

<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->
<HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV=REFRESH CONTENT="0; URL=http://EVPROD002/ ... etc..

If we remove the CRLF, the Security Warning PopUp does not happen... and if we add the CRLF to the EV9 version of the file, it causes the PopUp.

This only happens on particular builds of our PCs so we're digging into what IE security setting this might be (or perhaps an IE version bug).  Let me know if anyone else has seen this - or a similar issue where a CRLF causes such behavior - and how to resolve it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I believe it's meant to be this way, and use the MOTW, because that's the only way that it will work.  Historically there have been some changes in this area.  It is probably best to contact Support, and they can dig up the details of the changes, and the why's and whatfor's.  

It's my last day in a week, and I don't really have access to this stuff any more :(

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Chuck_Ford
Level 4

Ignore the 1st  "... but EV10 does the following..."

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yes, seen it before.  It's called Mark-Of-The-Web..

I also thought that this had been fixed a few times in the recent past.  Have you tried a 10.0.1 client and/or a 9.0.3 HF client?

Chuck_Ford
Level 4

Thanks Rob!.. now the question is why is the web page setting the MOTW as.. <!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->  which is the cause of the prompt based on the IE intranet zone setting  "Websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone"?  Is the EV client always going to set that .htm file as "about:internet" or can I make it an intranet site if I configure something in EV?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I believe it's meant to be this way, and use the MOTW, because that's the only way that it will work.  Historically there have been some changes in this area.  It is probably best to contact Support, and they can dig up the details of the changes, and the why's and whatfor's.  

It's my last day in a week, and I don't really have access to this stuff any more :(

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Was anything else needed on this issue?