cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV10 Index Synchronise Task

Elio_C
Level 6

Hi,

I have enabled a new mailbox for archiving and imported a few items. The new items do not show in the archive, and the index status shows as "not yet created" and there is no folder under the Index location.

I get an event 41352 in the event log, below, when attempting to synchronise the index.

The processing of the Synchronize Sub task has stopped following errors.

Archive name: Messaging Test Mailbox 1
Task: Synchronize_2014-12-04_07:07:16_PM
Synchronize Sub task ID: 1DB250FE1B7ABBB409214D8277327FC1F1110000evarca-ap1-01_9485
Reason: ContentSource
Error Type: NonCritical

Description: Failed to Get Next IndexLocation: [1DB250FE1B7ABBB409214D8277327FC1F1110000evarca-ap1-01_9485]. 

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://entced.symantec.com/entt?product=ev&language=english&version=10.0.4.0&build=10.0.4.1189&error=V-437-41352

The Rebuild and Verify tasks complete successfully, but still no items show and still no index folder.

I have tried to create the folder manually, no difference.

I can't find anything relating to this error.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Elio_C
Level 6

Logged this with support and removing the Indexing Service from the server with no Indexes did the trick. The service had been stopped and disabled since I moved the indexes but it needed removing.

Hopefully a technote explaing the error will appear soon.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you have the index location specified when you look at the properties of your service in the Vault Admin Console?

Working for cloudficient.com

Elio_C
Level 6

Thanks,

Do you mean the "Enterprise Vault Indexing Service"?

I'm obviously missing something but I don't see anything to set an index location in the properties.

This is EV10.4 CHF3, I did used to have these settings on EV9 and did split Storage and Indexing across 2 servers in EV9. This previous query, I think, references the settings you are talkin about https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ev9-new-indexing-server but I don't see anything similar in my new 10 VAC

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Go in to the VAC..

Down to Servers.

Expand the server

Click on Services

Right click on the indexing service, and go to properties

Elio_C
Level 6

Thanks, I still don't see it?

Indexing.jpg

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Index locations tab...

Elio_C
Level 6

Left is the Storage server (service stops as it has nothing to do), right is the Index server

180px_Untitled2_0.jpg

(apologies for the cropped picture)

Also on my EV9 system under the Targets and down to the properties of my server I see a "override the inherited indexing service" and same for vault store but on the EV10 system i only have the vault store setting?

Elio_C
Level 6

further, the VAC help makes no reference to any Index settings but http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76756 and other technotes (for EV10) do?? very confused.

Elio_C
Level 6

Logged this with support and removing the Indexing Service from the server with no Indexes did the trick. The service had been stopped and disabled since I moved the indexes but it needed removing.

Hopefully a technote explaing the error will appear soon.