cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV10 + Vault 10 client + Outlook 2010 not working

James_Slack
Level 6

Hi,

We just upgraded to Vault 10 and I was hoping this would cure our Outlook 2010 woes. Sadly nothing has changed.

I just installed Outlook 2010 on my PC. Then installed the one and only client that comes on the Vault instalation media (which I assume detects Outlook version and installs the apropriate client version). But when I open an archived e-mail, I get the tag and the "Please ensure that you have installed the latest version of the Enterprise Vault client software" error message.

How do I start to look at troubleshooting this please?

Thanks

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Outlook 2010 is supported by EV 9.0.1 and above.  There are few caveats noted in the compatibility doc.  I think he is talking about OL 2010 on the EV Server.

Question for you, did you upgrade the EV versions or do an un-install of the old version and install the new?

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

As of now EV10 does not support Outlook 2010

Refer to compatibility chart

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38537

James_Slack
Level 6

What?

2010 has been out for ages and EV9 did support it?

That is poor if that is true.

Could I not run the EV9 HTML client, which is for Outlook 2010.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Outlook 2010 is supported by EV 9.0.1 and above.  There are few caveats noted in the compatibility doc.  I think he is talking about OL 2010 on the EV Server.

Question for you, did you upgrade the EV versions or do an un-install of the old version and install the new?

AmolB

As per Page#18 of the compatibility chart none of the versions of EV support Outllook 2010

Also refer to below forum thread

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/outlook-2010-ev-server

James_Slack
Level 6

Having re-read the compatibility charts, AmolZeroCool is wrong.

AmolB

Apologies, I was refering to Outlook on the EV server.

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified
Are you using EV10 SP1 for server and client? As Tony has suggested, remove the EV client cleanly from your machine I.e. the registry and the Enterprise Vault installation folder etc. then try the install again.

James_Slack
Level 6

Hi Tony,

On my PC I uninstalled Outlook and installed 2010 (x64).

I didn't think to remove the EV client.

I then installed the EV 10 client and it said it went in OK, but doesnt open Vauilted items.

On the EV server, we are running Outlook 2007 and the server was upgraded from Vault 9 -> 10.0.1

Will try a clean install, but as it didn't error or query anything, would have figured this would be OK. Also going to be a pain when we push this out globally via GPO. But just interested in getting it working first.

Thanks

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

just as a matter of interest, can you try with outlook 2010 32bit?

James_Slack
Level 6

AndrewB, I can't but I would prefer not to, to be honest.

If I can't get it working then I will have to, but it would be less than ideal having to never use Office x64 in  our global environment..

Thanks

James_Slack
Level 6

LCT, yes, 10.0.1 and client of the same installation media. Trying the install now... but it's home time, so probably finish up from home tonight.

Thanks all

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

James

Just FYI, many global companies use Office 2010 x86 on their 64-bit Windows 7 PC's. Actually, Microsoft recommends this configuration, because of thousends of add-ins which are not compatible with Office 2010 64-bit.

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

James_Slack
Level 6

Yep, so simple.

Did an uninstall, deleted any registry entries and then installed the EV10 client and it works like a charm.

Going to be a bit awkward to push this client out then. We usually just push the MSI out via GPO, but that wont work for Office 2010.

I am testing if just an uninstall and then reinstall works for us (so we can ignore the reg hacking part)... will post back and let you know my findings on this, in case anyone else has this issue in the future.

Thank you everyone for your advice.

James_Slack
Level 6

Thanks MichelZ, I am aware of that, but we do have a fair few x64 office users.