Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV10 and Exchange Upgrade

benjus10
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi there,

We have a client that is wanting EV installed with a view to also upgrading Exchange from 2003 to 2010. Any thoughts about timing of the Exchange upgrade, ie best to do after or before? They also have emailXtender which is another hurdle... I read about the place that Transvault is best for this, any other more manual solutions?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you have Enterprise Vault currently installed anywhere, then you have to be on EV9+ to arhive from Exchange 2010. However if you are doing to migrate from emailXtender to EV, then I don't think it really much matters, a migration from Exchange 2003 to 2010 is a lot faster than migrating from EX to EV.

Personally if it were me and i had complete control, I would upgrade to exchange 2010 first, and then start migrating from EX to EV.

As for migrating from EX to EV? I don't know EX well enough to know how it handles exports to PST files or the original mailboxes, or how it handles the shortcuts that are left over.

Again, if it were up to me i'd look at transvault or globanet to do the migration

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you have Enterprise Vault currently installed anywhere, then you have to be on EV9+ to arhive from Exchange 2010. However if you are doing to migrate from emailXtender to EV, then I don't think it really much matters, a migration from Exchange 2003 to 2010 is a lot faster than migrating from EX to EV.

Personally if it were me and i had complete control, I would upgrade to exchange 2010 first, and then start migrating from EX to EV.

As for migrating from EX to EV? I don't know EX well enough to know how it handles exports to PST files or the original mailboxes, or how it handles the shortcuts that are left over.

Again, if it were up to me i'd look at transvault or globanet to do the migration

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

benjus10
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks, they have no EV so it's a green fields site. I think they may have an issue with their version of EX, I know the client no longer supports Outlook 2010 so that may be the driver. Some more homework for me I think.