cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

EV11 Directory on localhost - add DR server not possible

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

The joy of taking over old environments.

I have 1 EV server in a domain called 1.a.com, EV 11 is installed, and running. Opening Console shows "Directory on Localhost". Server has an alias in same domain.

A new server was build called 2.b.com. An alias is made for this in 1.a.com. EV was installed on 2.b.com

When trying to add the 2.b.com to the site, using the configuration wizard, after filling in the ' use existing directory', the wizard chews on this a while, and then comes back with the next screen, NOT showing any site to be selectable.

I tried using a hosts file pointing to the alias for 1.a.com, but that did not help. I can ping that 1.a.com server using the FQDN and the ip-address. The alias obviously does not work.

Is it not showing the site in the config wizard because EV on 1.a.com shows 'directory on localhost'? Should I have the 2.b.com server moved in the 1.a.com domain before adding? Or should I perhaps have an alias created in th b.com domain, pointing to the 1.a.com server?

The goal is to switch ev from 1.a.com to 2.b.com, and then be able to decom (eventually) that a.com domain.

Suggestions?

Thanks, GJ

Regards. Gertjan
0 REPLIES 0