cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV11 Shortcuts not updating

James_Slack
Level 6

Hi,

We recently had a consultant upgrade our EV to V11. It seemed to be working OK, we could see about 2 million items go through the archived / awaiting backup screen since the update - however, we have noticed that no ones shortcuts in Outlook seem to have updated.

Is there a task or shedule I need to check?

Also, as a side, is there any day to day admin I need to do with the server that I sould know about with V11?

Thanks

James

Vault 11 on 2008 R2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Icons stay in pending? Verify the backup settings. If it is set to 'wait for succesfull backup', youneed to make sure that the backup clears the archivebit from the various archived files (dvs/dvssc/dvssp), and thatthe Vault Store goes in/out backup mode. If it does not clear the archivebit, you need to use the triggerfile (see admin guide).

As for day to day admin work, see the 'cookbook':

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC8105

That has a good starting

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

GertjanA

Icons stay in pending? Verify the backup settings. If it is set to 'wait for succesfull backup', youneed to make sure that the backup clears the archivebit from the various archived files (dvs/dvssc/dvssp), and thatthe Vault Store goes in/out backup mode. If it does not clear the archivebit, you need to use the triggerfile (see admin guide).

As for day to day admin work, see the 'cookbook':

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC8105

That has a good starting

Regards. Gertjan

James_Slack
Level 6

We are using the trigger file and that seems to be working. Items queue in awaiting backup until I do that then clear down.

I blieve we have it set to remove safety copies without a backup anyway.

Any ideas how I can check this?

(Thanks for Cookbook!)

James_Slack
Level 6

If I go to do a "Run Now" I get 4 options now.

Archiving and Shortcut processing

Archiving

Shortcut Processing

With a normal scheduled run (non-manual run) how do I know what it is doing?

Does it only do Archiving first, then shortcuts... or should it do both? Is there a way to control this?

Thanks

GertjanA

Hi James,

You can check the setting on the properties of the Vault Store, tab Safety Copies.

Can you then clarify a bit more as to what you mean with "we have noticed that no ones shortcuts in Outlook seem to have updated."

Regards. Gertjan

James_Slack
Level 6

Remove Original Items / Remove immediately after archiving is selected (which is how we ran in V10 and is what we want).

What I mean by none of the shortcuts being updated is, if you look in peoples Outlooks, everyones last archived item icon is back in October, so 90 days before we went in to read only mode for the V10-V11 backup and upgrade.

Even though we have archived off a couple of million emails, no ones mailbox seems to have changed. So either it is archiving emails but not updating the Outlook shortcuts, the shortcuts now don't show an icon to indicate the item is vaulted or something else odd is happening.

GertjanA

hmm. That is weird.

Office 2013 by any chance? Exchange version??

Verify your policies. Make sure it is set to create shortcuts.

I've seen (depending on the EVclient locally installed) that users don't see EV shortcut icon, where it actually WAS a shortcut. You might want to examine the messageclass of items that show a normal icon, and should have been archived. also, verify Archive Explorer (or the NEW search...!) that items are in the archive.

Found the blog-entry:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/enterprise-vault-shortcut-display-issue-outlook-2013-r...

Regards. Gertjan

James_Slack
Level 6

Yeah, Office 2013 (for me and my boss at least) with Exchange 2010 SP2.

I personally have issues with my EV client not showing the EV buttons in Outlook. Mine have always had this issue though, even after a ResetEVClient. It comes and goes. I'll have a look in the web browser though and also double check the policies.

Thanks

James_Slack
Level 6

Oh yeah... this reminded me of the issues I am having with the web search thing. I'm going to open a new post for that now.

James_Slack
Level 6

Well, I can see that technically this is working, however, in a week it has only done 1 day for my archive... something is adrift, but not sure what. Will close this post down and re-log once I get some concrete details.

Part of my problem is to do with Exchange Whitespace however, so we are not calwing back space as we should.