cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV11 and BE2014 Tape Vault

BEI
Level 5

Hi all,

Recently we have purchased Enterprise vault 11. We are currently trying to work out “what make it tick”. So far so good.

Now, I would like to be able to integrate it with Backup Exec 2014, which we already own.

We need to keep most of our files for around 15 Years

The ideal solution would be to Archive to Disk for 3 Months, and then have the archive moved to a tape vault for the reminder of the days. However all this needs to be readily available.

So my question is!

How do people access their data once it’s on a tape, just by clicking on a place holder?

Best regards

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

yes, the retrieval from the end-user perspective would be exactly the same once you've performed a secondary migrtation (that's what it's called in EV) to tape. however, behind the scenes, your system might be sitting and waiting for an admin to insert a tape and the users might not get their file in a timely manor.

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Typically, what I've seen is the secondary migration is used for data 2-3 year old.  Prior to that the Vault Stores are generally on cheaper (not tier 1) storage platforms to minimize the storage costs.