cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV11 and Exchange servers in DAG - EV system mailbox

alfredmjNZ
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I have an existing EV11 installation with a 4-server Exchange 2013 DAG. We have expanded the DAG to 8-servers and I'm in the process of setting up EV archiving to the new servers.  Do I need to set-up a "local" database to hold the EV-system-mailbox (that does not failover with the DAG), or do I just use the active database on the active DAG members.?  Please advise  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Alfred,

EV targets Exchange, not DAG (Unfortunately).

In your situation, you have 2 options. The one option mentioned (a local database on each server, not in the DAG, holding only the EV System mailbox).

The other options is to failover a dag holding a EV system mailbox to a new Exchange server, configure the task (using the EV system mailbox), then fail the database back. (described in the admin guide I believe)

I believe however it is the best option to have a local database, so the systemmailbox is (almost) always on the Exchange server the tasks targets.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Yes, you should have a local database on each Exchange server to hold the EV system mailbox.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Alfred,

EV targets Exchange, not DAG (Unfortunately).

In your situation, you have 2 options. The one option mentioned (a local database on each server, not in the DAG, holding only the EV System mailbox).

The other options is to failover a dag holding a EV system mailbox to a new Exchange server, configure the task (using the EV system mailbox), then fail the database back. (described in the admin guide I believe)

I believe however it is the best option to have a local database, so the systemmailbox is (almost) always on the Exchange server the tasks targets.

Regards. Gertjan