Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV11 archive Exchange Online

superf
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

We have a customer that want to migrate the actual internal infrastructure to Exchange online so in an outside email system. He ask me if after the email migration they can use the actual internal EV to archive Exchange Online.

So, is it possible to archive Exchange Online with an internal EV? Is there a 3rd-party connector or similar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

there's no journal mailbox in O365 but there's a journal connector which can send all the journaled email to an SMTP address which the new EV SMTP service will pick up and then archive the email. yes, the idea is that the new feature will be able to seperate the journal stream out and provide individuals access to their own archived emails.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewB

EV 11 does this natively for journaling and further enhancements for mailbox archiving are anticipated with the 11.1 release via an enhanced SMTP connector. so yes, archiving from Office365 is supported, no need for a 3rd party connector.

superf
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks.

Have I to install an internal Exchange to receive email from the Exchange online and then archive it or can I archive email directly from the exchange online?

AndrewB

right now, today, with EV 11 you would still need a local Exchange server with a journal mailbox to point your Office365 connector to. when EV 11 SP1 comes out, it will have a new feature for journal archiving directly from Office365 (or practically any source for that matter) via the new SMTP connector.

superf
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Ok thanks.

If I understand EV archive only journal mailbox in O365 isn't it? I mean, you can enable archive for all users but it archives only the journal mailbox and then it puts the email in the relative archives of the users.

So if I use an on premises EV to archive O365, I've to archive the journal mailbox and the users cannot see their archived email directly as they do with Exchange on-premises and EV on-premises...or not?

AndrewB

there's no journal mailbox in O365 but there's a journal connector which can send all the journaled email to an SMTP address which the new EV SMTP service will pick up and then archive the email. yes, the idea is that the new feature will be able to seperate the journal stream out and provide individuals access to their own archived emails.