cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV11 - status screen - severe not disappearing

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

In our testlab with EV11.0.1, I have a warning in the console (severe) about SMTP Security Certificate Expiry, dated 1/19/2015 9:21 PM

The lines read:

The monitor terminated unexpectedly.

Details:
KVS.EnterpriseVault.Diagnostics.EVBaseException: Failed to read records using EnumComputersBySite, id: 1EFF3F984EC18E14EA8BFC964C006197B1d10000EUEVSRVT01 error:Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004344A ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004344A): Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004344A at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Interop.DirectoryConnectionObjectClass.IDirectoryPublicV51_EnumComputersBySite(String entryID, String requestedAttributes) at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Common.Computer.GetComputerEntryIds(String siteId, String computerAltName) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Common.Computer.GetComputerEntryIds(String siteId, String computerAltName) at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Common.Computer.GetComputerEntryId() at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Monitoring.SmtpSecurityCertificate.RunNow(MonitorRunType runType) at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Monitoring.MonitoringThreadBase.ScheduleThread()

I've tried to use http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH161371 to no availability. The 'severe' is still there, even after a reboot of the EV-server.

does anyone know where this event is stored, and how I can remove it?

Thanks!

GJ

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&pmv=print&impressions=&viewlocale=&id=DOC7950

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Manuel_L_
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

I`ve got this message too - any ideas?

i donot understand this too, as there is no secure smtp open or ssl-certificate used...

would be great, if there is an answer.

brds, manuel

GertjanA

Hello Manuel,

"Fixed" as follows:

Rightclick Sitename, Properties, tab Monitoring.

Uncheck the bottom one: Days before SMTP security certificate expiry

Apply, Ok, rerun Status Check.

Regards. Gertjan

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&pmv=print&impressions=&viewlocale=&id=DOC7950

Hi GertJan,

I have the same and thanks for pointing out the "fix". Question however, did it solve your issue, or is there something still not working (and you just "hide" it). I can imagine it has reason to shout in the status screen (perhaps use of SMTP archiving, or the use of SSL connection on the EV site properties).

Did you run into trouble / needed to set a SSL certificate on the EV server anyway...or is this a message to just exclude...

Thanks

Bert

GertjanA

Hi Bert,

I can't really recall, as this was a while ago, other customer, and the decision was to not use SMTP archiving, but as far as I recall, if your not using SSL for SMTP archiving, the monitor should be disabled.

I also had this message in the environment I am currently in, we just disabled the monitor. I am not sure why the check is done if you do not have SMTP archiving, but stranger things happen.

Regards. Gertjan