cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV12.3 - Event 7116 - The user name or password is incorrect. (0x8007052e)

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

Since a few days, we're seeing event 7116 in the EV Eventlog. It relates to accessing DVS files on our storage device (EMC Isilon). There have not been changes affecting EV (as far as I know), but this is an annoying event. It seems to occurr after a service restart, or after backup mode is cleared. I have found some references to orphaned processes, but these seem to not exist on our EV servers. A service restart, or a reboot, seem to prevent this issue for a few hours.

What I see in a backtrace is EV tries to write a file to storage, but that fails.

CNTFSStorageDeviceWriter::StoreStrippedPartEx:#119} Attempting to store attachment [1] to [edited storage location]
{EVCommandExecutor::ExecuteCommand} (Entry)
{CreateFileStreamCommand::Execute} (Entry)
{CreateFileStreamCommand::Execute:#217} _com_error exception: [The user name or password is incorrect. (0x8007052e)]
{CreateFileStreamCommand::Execute} (Exit) Status: [The user name or password is incorrect. (0x8007052e)]
{CSaveset2::Save:#209} _com_error exception: [The user name or password is incorrect. (0x8007052e)]
{EVCommandExecutor::ExecuteRecoverWithRetry} (Entry)

The strange part is that the mentioned file IS available on the storage. 

Anyone an idea? Case is being logged, but just curious to learn if someone else has this.

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA

This was (eventually) resolved. It turned out the Isilon kept loosing connection to AD servers, so was unable to check credentials. Right after this error, access was granted, so items have been written properly.

After some assistance from DELL/EMC, this issue has been resolved.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Hi Gertjan,

Are there any errors in the Security log?  It seems like this could be related to storage space remaining or a check to determine the space remaining based on a couple similar cases.  

Regards,

Patrick 

GertjanA

Hello Patrick,

Nothing showing unfortunately. I did check (and checked again) available space, it seems ok (TB's free). I am leaning towards EV trying to undo an operation, but the targeted files are already set to have the smartlock applied.

Awaiting EV support to assist on it. We might be looking at running EVSVR, and see if we can fix it that way.

Regards. Gertjan

That could do it.  May need to script a deletion of the item from EV so it does not make attempts on it any longer. 

Patrick 

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

One place you might check is the Windows Credential Manager (Control Panel > User Accounts > Credential Manager > Windows Credentials).

It's possible that a while ago, somebody got prompted for credentials, input the VSA's info, and checked the "Remember my credentials" box. Then the VSA's password got changed and what's stored on the machine is no longer correct.

If you find any saved credentials for the VSA in Credential Manager, remove them and then see if this error persists.

--Chris

GertjanA

Hello Chris,

There were indeed some entries for the VSA. Those were removed, servers rebooted. Unfortunately, the error still exists. I believe the issue is that EV wants to do 'something' on a file in storage which has smartlock set already. Items can then not be changed anymore. 

I believe we now have a case for this, so we'll see what happens on that.

FYI, case 201029-000633 is the one I am referring to.

Regards. Gertjan

GertjanA

This was (eventually) resolved. It turned out the Isilon kept loosing connection to AD servers, so was unable to check credentials. Right after this error, access was granted, so items have been written properly.

After some assistance from DELL/EMC, this issue has been resolved.

Regards. Gertjan