cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV12.3 Holding folder - structure off?

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

We're testing EV12.3 SMTP Journal Archiving. I'm seeing a weird issue, which some of you might have encountered also.

I send a message today 13/09/2018, at 7:47

The meesage arrives on an EV server, and is stored in folder 13\5\47. The received EML in the folder DOES have the correct date/time listed. I expected to see folder 13\7\47. There is a 2 hour difference. I checked, and as far as I can see, time settings on Exchange, SQL and EV are equal. There is a hardware loadbalancer in between, can that have an issue? A case is open already, but I am curious to learn if someone else has encountered this.

Thanks, GJ

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA

Seems to be working as designed... Answer from support engineer. I am not too pleased with this tbh, have raised this as an issue.

As discussed the EV Holding Location uses UTC time and this behaviour is by design. 

When an EML file is received by the EV server Windows Explorer shows the current date/time of the item as per the EV server time settings. 

As the EV SMTP Archiving task processes the item EV translates this time to UTC.  The EV server is currently UTC+1 with daylight saving enabled and therefore the UTC offset is 2 hours.

As per your example the EML file with date/time of 15:02 is translated by EV to UTC as 13:02 and is put in the 13\13\02 folder and not the 13\15\02 folder.

When daylight saving changes as of 28th October 2018 the UTC offset will be 1 hour.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA

Seems to be working as designed... Answer from support engineer. I am not too pleased with this tbh, have raised this as an issue.

As discussed the EV Holding Location uses UTC time and this behaviour is by design. 

When an EML file is received by the EV server Windows Explorer shows the current date/time of the item as per the EV server time settings. 

As the EV SMTP Archiving task processes the item EV translates this time to UTC.  The EV server is currently UTC+1 with daylight saving enabled and therefore the UTC offset is 2 hours.

As per your example the EML file with date/time of 15:02 is translated by EV to UTC as 13:02 and is put in the 13\13\02 folder and not the 13\15\02 folder.

When daylight saving changes as of 28th October 2018 the UTC offset will be 1 hour.

Regards. Gertjan