cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV12.3 Skype Archiving - split to different archives.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

We have multiple Skype servers. The worldwide community uses these. We're looking into the possibility of using Skype Archiving.

A question which was asked is if it is possible to 'split' the Skype data archived. There apparently is a requirement to seperate the information. As example, we have the US, Asia and Europe using Skype. Is it somehow possible that if EV reads the Skype archiving database to get the information, it can define into which archive it goes? US Skype to an US archive, Asia Skype to Asia archive, and EU Skype to an EU archive. Can you add a specific header to define this?

Or should we (I'm no skype expert!) seperate out the regions to use a specific Skype server, and then archive each Skype server on a seperate EV Skype Archiving server?

Your thoughts are welcome!

GJ

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

Gertjan,

My understanding is that you would have to split the messages by geographical region in SFB. EV targets one SFB server per one EV server, so you would want an SFB server for each region (with Skype archiving to SQL configured), and then an EV server to archive each of those SFB servers to a different archive.

So this...

"Or should we (I'm no skype expert!) seperate out the regions to use a specific Skype server, and then archive each Skype server on a seperate EV Skype Archiving server?"

...is exactly right.

--Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

Gertjan,

My understanding is that you would have to split the messages by geographical region in SFB. EV targets one SFB server per one EV server, so you would want an SFB server for each region (with Skype archiving to SQL configured), and then an EV server to archive each of those SFB servers to a different archive.

So this...

"Or should we (I'm no skype expert!) seperate out the regions to use a specific Skype server, and then archive each Skype server on a seperate EV Skype Archiving server?"

...is exactly right.

--Chris

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Thanks Chris.

Regards. Gertjan