cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV12 - SQL query question

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

I have a query which gives me the SavesetID and the IDTransAction (see below) for items being on Legal Hold. I would like this query to return only that information for items which are on Centera storage. Does anyone have an addition to the below doing that?

Use VaultStoreDatabaseName

SELECT hs.SavesetIdentity AS 'SavesetIdentity', s.idtransaction AS 'TransActionID'

FROM HoldSaveset AS hs

JOIN Saveset AS s ON s.SavesetIdentity = hs.SavesetIdentity

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SheldonDsouza
Level 4
Certified

Hello @GertjanA 

I did some digging and used a little help as well.

There is an assumption though... 

In the PartitionEntry Table in the Directory Database, we have a column called DeviceType. Check the values for the rows corresponding to the PartitionRootPath column where the values point to the Centera location. If the values are the same and differ from other Storage Types, the following query will be very useful.

SELECT hs.SavesetIdentity AS 'SavesetIdentity', s.idtransaction AS 'TransActionID'

FROM HoldSaveset AS hs

WHERE IdPartition in (select IdPartition from PartitionCache where DeviceType = <Value seen in the PartitionEntry Table>)

Do let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Sheldon Dsouza

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marcde
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Gertjan,

unfortunately I cannot provide you a suitable script but share some details that might help you a bit.

You could query the tables PartitionEntry and ExtendedSettings from the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database. the ExtendedSettings table should have 1 to n entries per partition (column partitionentryid from PartitionEntry = root from ExtendedSettings) 

If I am not completely wrong the relevant entry in the ExtendedSettings table should be the one with settingTypeId = 1220. The table SettingType gives you details what settingTypeId stands for / you can filter the table with settingname = 'StorageType' to get details about the different ids for the different types of storage if you are interested.

That is all based on the details from MichelZ shared here:

Changing Vault store partition type

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Enterprise-Vault/Changing-Vault-store-partition-type/td-p/248867

Hope this helps a bit. 

Regards

Marc

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de

SheldonDsouza
Level 4
Certified

Hello @GertjanA 

I did some digging and used a little help as well.

There is an assumption though... 

In the PartitionEntry Table in the Directory Database, we have a column called DeviceType. Check the values for the rows corresponding to the PartitionRootPath column where the values point to the Centera location. If the values are the same and differ from other Storage Types, the following query will be very useful.

FROM HoldSaveset AS hs

WHERE IdPartition in (select IdPartition from PartitionCache where DeviceType = <Value seen in the PartitionEntry Table>)

Do let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Sheldon Dsouza