cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV12 and Outlook 2016

MJ_Santor
Level 3

Noticed an issue with EV12 where I cannot enable the add-in for Outlook 2016. It installs correctly and policy is set to allow the add-in but I get a nice message....

"The add-in you have selected is enabled by your system administrator, but it was disabled because it prevented Outlook from functioning correctly."

Anyone else having or seeing issues with it in conjunction with Outlook 2016? Would the disabling of macros create an issue with this add-in running? The install is on WIN10 Enterprise x64 and the office install is x86.

4 REPLIES 4

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Is this happening on all your workstations ?

I would start troubleshooting to disable all policies first, and try if it is working then.

MJ_Santor
Level 3

Only on 2016 installs. Seems to be operating correctly with our 2010 installations.

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

what happens if you use:

outlook.exe /safe

to open outlook?

Also try to start outlook as admin, to see if there s a difference.

I have not tried Outlook 2016 with EV12 righ tnow. Maybe there is a problem with Data Execution Prevention?

MJ_Santor
Level 3

Safe mode makes for no change however..... running it as admin did present the EV tab.... but even though I logged in and used my standard network ID it of course wanted to create an entirely new profile and local copy. Something is definitely blocking it and my guess is that it's got to be an office policy...which one is the next question. Is there a list or reccomendations of what actions need to be permitted in order for EV to be fully functional?  Hence my original thought that if macros are being blocked could that be killing the EV tab?