InactivityPeriod = 0

[Mailbox]
distinguishedname = /O=organization/OU=org_ou/cn=Recipients/cn=jdoe

[Folder]
name = mailboxroot
filtername = filter1
retentioncategory = personal
OverrideArchiveLocks = true

QUESTION#1: if this is applied, but a manual job isn't run, will this mailbox be ignored by the *normal* archiving run? I am seeing this but would like some confirmation.
QUESTION#2: if #1 is true, then do I revert back to *normal* by adjusting the script? or is there a way to un-set the mailbox so that the normal criteria again becomes effective.

I have a couple of mailboxes that I ran the script against, but have never done the manual archiving run...and they appear to be ignored on the *normal* runs. 

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bobby_hilliard
Level 5
 * The mailbox that has been zapped will need to be enabled again as it will show up as "New" when running the Enable Mailbox wizard.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/273154.htm

Thanks wayne.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hiya bobby,

No it will obey the EVPM Script.
To clear it best to use the zap method.

bobby_hilliard
Level 5
i thought zap was for permissions...will it also reapply the *default* policy when next synchronized?

thanks.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Zap also removes the hidden message :)

bobby_hilliard
Level 5
 * The mailbox that has been zapped will need to be enabled again as it will show up as "New" when running the Enable Mailbox wizard.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/273154.htm

Thanks wayne.

bobby_hilliard
Level 5
If a mailbox has already had archiving activity against it...and I zap, and re-enable it, will the previous archiving activity cause issues?

The mailbox had been being archived using normal policy. then i used evpm to set it to archive everything. This is a huge mailbox, and seemed to "hang"..meaning, only so much activity and then it just stopped. So, the last time I tried a manual, i set it to 2000 items (run now). That has apparently worked, and it's just sitting there waiting on me. There's 8000 more items left to archive. (this is a disabled user). if i elect to add it back to the fold (normal policy) by zapping and then re-enabling...will the archiving task get confused when it detects shortcuts already in the thing? 

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
nope, not if you zap it.