cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV8 Database problem

Todd_Anderson
Level 4
We have a small enviroment and we have one server that is running SQL 2005 and EV8.0 together. We have a small c partion for the program files and a large D partion for all the data. When setting up the SQL server and the EV setup we created databases on the D partiton and pointed the vault stores to this place. Today I have noticed that we are running out of space on the C partiton and we found that there is a database under the SQL program files folder. Does anyone know what this database is for and can it be moved to the D partition? I hope this makes sense...

Thanks.

Todd Anderson
24 REPLIES 24

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Also, this will give you the name of the Fingerprint DB.

use enterprisevaultdirectory
select * from FingerprintCatalogueDatabase

Todd_Anderson
Level 4
Tony, We got it to work...I was missing the word "group" in the name, silly how little things can hold you up...After changing the name and restarting the services the Journaling task is now working correctly. The only errors I see now are for a Failure Audit error in the application log. Would you know what this is about?

TonySterling
Can you post that up for me?  i will take a look.  :)

Todd_Anderson
Level 4
Ok Tony sorry for not getting back to you earlier, but I opened a support ticket with Symantec and they had just called me back. We got it all resolved...Do you know if I will need to rebuild the indexes? The reason I ask this, is when i try and do a PST Migration using the wizard I get the error cannot find archive.

TonySterling
No, the indexes wont need rebuilt.  I would recommend a new thread with your pst migration error details.

Regards,