cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV8 SP5: Error Message when moving appointment from one calender to another

Martin_HP
Level 3

Hallo,

We use Outlook 2007 SP2, Echange 2007 and EV 8 SP5. We don't archive calendar items.

When a Calendar item (Appointment, All Day Event, ....) should be moved/copied from one calendar to another (example: from department calendar to own calendar) via Drag and Drop the following error message appears (we have a German installation so therefore its in German):

Sie können eine Enterprise Vault-Verknüpfung nicht kopieren.

Sie können das Element Wiederherstellen und dann das wiederhergestellte Element kopieren.

Which means that the calendar item can't be copied because it's an EV shortcut, you have retrieve the item and then you can copy it. But the item never was archived, because we don't archive calendar items. If you copy and paste the item, it works - thats the workaround at the moment.

I played a little bit around and created 2 new calendars. If I Drag and Drop items between these calendars, it works without error message. But if I would like to copy in the "primary" calendar, which comes with outlook, the error message appears. So it only doesn't work with the primary calendar.

best regards,

Martin

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are you absolutely sure you did not archive calendar items (in the past perhaps?)

It might be someone dragged a shortcut to a document in the appointments? Does it happen for all appointments, or just specific ones.

Are you perhaps archiving calendar items from department calendars, not from users?

Regards. Gertjan

Martin_HP
Level 3

we archived calendar items until a year ago. but now we don't archive them. this belongs to all calendars - users and departments.

I tested today (with error message) with completley new appointments, which I created today. There are no shortcuts or any archived items in.

Constanze
Level 4

Hello Martin,

we had the same problem once in a while also with other objects not calendar ones only, and TECH60004 seems to match exactly: the error occurs if focus in Outlook is on an archived item when drag&dropping.

You can either decide to allow shortcut copy or to switch focus before moving/copying objects.

Viel Erfolg und viele Gruesse
Constanze