Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV8 Upgrade

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner
If we upgrade to EV8 from EV2007

Do i need to upgrade all the client side software packages at same time?

Or will the still run and archive using there existing install
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Just as an additional note to this. Do not have the idea of upgrading your clients to EV8 first leaving EV2007 server as this will not work/be supported

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BobUithoven
Level 2
You won't have new capabilities such as Vault Cache until you upgrade, but you do not need to upgrade all EV 2007 clients at once to EV 8. And if you are fairly liberal with who gets Vault Cache (as in all workstations and laptops instead of just laptops), it probably will be in your best interest to roll out the new EV 8 client in phrases. Vault Cache is now processed on the server side rather than the client side under EV 2007's "Offline Vault".   A phased rollout will help to avoid having your mailbox archive server(s) be overwhelmed with initial Vault Cache requests.  Vault Cache is CPU intensive.

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Just as an additional note to this. Do not have the idea of upgrading your clients to EV8 first leaving EV2007 server as this will not work/be supported

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner
Thanks No I wouldn't think about doing that.

Although it is a shame that as part of the EV8 upgrade and client side that it doesn't migrate the offline vaults to vault caches

On a secondary note I was surprised with the various postings in the forums to find my second install of EV8 for a new customer went smoothly using windows 2008 x64 with wow

so far it's been a success although i've not enabled the tsm secondary part yet